Catholic Ministries Appeal
Our Goal is $91,000 this year.
Catholic Ministries Appeal 2022-23
Our Mother of Sorrows CMA Goal: $91,000
See home page for our progress.
Why support the CMA?
As Fr Coffas has said, supporting the CMA means you are providing pastors, other clergy, and lay ministers with the tools needed to minister to you. Diocesan supports funded by the CMA and used by both parishes daily include:
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
Also, as a Diocesan Church, we are called to support the mission of our local Church. Among many other activities, contributions to the CMA:
- Support Diocese of Rochester Catholic Schools
- Helps with the Formation of Seminarians
- Provides needed funding to Catholic Charites so that refugees can have the support they need in creating a new life for themselves and their families.
Please pray about making a gift that will support this important appeal in the life of our local church. If you have not given in the past, please consider doing so this year. Every gift helps our local Church, reminding all that God is with Us Always.
Ways to Give to the CMA?
Please choose one of the options below as you prayerfully consider your gift to the CMA:
- Use the envelope you received with the letter from Fr. Coffas and drop it in the mail or into our collection basket.
This envelope indicates many ways to give including:
- One-Time Gift with check payable to CMA
- One-Time Gift with credit card* or EFT to CMA
- A Pledge with an initial payment via check and monthly reminders to fulfill payment by May 31, 2023 OR the option to fulfill the pledge via credit card* or EFT.
- Gift of Stock or through Retirement Fund
*Credit cards accepted include: MasterCard, Visa, and Discover
- Visit the Diocesan website, https://www.dor.org/giving/contribute-to-the-cma/ to complete an online form and make your gift.
- There is also a Text Gift option. See the back of the diocesan letter from Bishop Matano.
Every gift helps our local Church, reminding all that God is with Us Always.
- If you have not given in the past, please consider doing so this year.
- Please make your gift or pledge by early December as you then have until May 31, 2023 to fulfill it.
(No money from the CMA will be used in any legal settlements. As a designated gift it is used for the purpose identified; namely, supporting the mission of the diocese.)
Please remember to complete your payments on your pledge by May 31, 2023.
We thank Neil Zwierlein for once again taking on the role as our Chairperson.
Please consider making a donation to this year’s campaign, which benefits our Diocese and our parish in so many ways.
When you fill out your form or write your check, we ask that you please mark it with #23, which is the number that is assigned to our parish. We will be glad to mail your contribution to the Diocese on your behalf, and all donations are confidential.
Thank you for all that you do for Our Mother of Sorrows.